Searching...

Monday, March 12, 2012

Gumi ga nani!? SpringFest 2012

Kira~☆!!

At least, that's what was supposed to happen.
Last Saturday was SpringFest 2012, an anime convention held by NYU Poly's Anime Club!
It qualified as one of the few things that Vida is willing to wake up early to go to...not gracefully, but up.

Second time at NYU-Poly, first time being PasCon, and this time we had time to roam and do a photoshoot! Those odd sculptures and peaceful courtyard beckoned us despite the cold. We probably spent more time out than in. My friend's polaroids came out really pretty, but they aren't scanned up yet, so here's a digital shot preview:


We had lots of nice artsy shots together (thanks to my posing sense, ufufu), but let's keep their faces hidden for now, okay?

I got to test-run my new Gumi wig -- really nice, I have to say! Didn't slip at all and an appropriate brightness. I had one of my skilled friends cut the bangs for me, who you'll be able to see come AnimeNext time ^^
Since I don't have the pieces yet, I simply threw together the closest I could get to Gumi's Happy Synthesizer outfit. I still got recognized, which was fun! Lots of picture-worthy cosplays to see there.

I wish I had the stomach to enjoy the day more, but you know, I was really nervous--!! Deciding on my own to sing/dance Seikan Hikou for the contest...ahh...in the end, I was so shaky I couldn't even smile well, let alone project into the terrible mic. My idol dreams were crushed by unexpected nerves!? Next time, next time definitely I will shine!! Once I find a good video, I will REDO the song on Youtube...semi-cheating there.

Overall, I didn't talk a lot about the actual convention, did I? Then let's give a shout-out to the great talent in the Artist Alley, which made me want to cave and throw my entire wallet in everyone's faces. Only thing is, I only brought $20 (a good or bad thing?), so the Alpaca hat, leafeon hat, various beautiful prints (recognized a Natsume Yuujinchou piece, you have to read that!), Vocaloid everywhere and Liechtenstein Hetalia keychain did NOT go home with me. This is what did:

Hahaha...if you can't tell, it's a SHINee and Donghae phone strap so that my phone and my sister's phone can match beyond the cakes (Donghae was for meeee). 50 cents, how could you resist from all the tasteful K-Pop choices?

The Maid Cafe looked pretty legit, and the two butlers there seemed pretty cute, lanky glasses-guy types...too bad we didn't get anything, otherwise I'd love to have them serve me!
Sneko also did a song performance, for which I admire her steady nerves and lyric-memorizing ability...and I approve her song choices. More Supercell/DECO*27 next time, please?

This was another fun adventure to go down in our New York Analects...and caught artistically on camera.
I will show you a better cosplay at AnimeNext, so patiently anticipate it!

No comments:

Post a Comment